Wholesale Nylon Plastic Tubing
Nylon 11 tubing is a unique kind of tubing made from polyamide 11. This material is known for its outstanding chemical, abrasion, impact, and moisture resistance and dimensional stability. Nylon 11 is used in industries ranging from food processing to auto manufacturing to robotics.
Because it’s resistant to moisture absorption, Freelin-Wade’s nylon tubing is more corrosion resistant than other types of nylon tubing. It is heat and UV stabilized, making it resistant to stress-cracking, and so is ideal for use in outdoor applications with constant sun exposure. When compared to other nylon resins, our nylon tubing is also highly chemical resistant.
Follow the link below to find nylon tubing for your application or contact Freelin-Wade to learn more.
Literature and Additional Information
Nylon Tubing Options
We offer nylon tubing in a variety of stock sizes and colors, as well as custom nylon tubing such as coiling (see below), bonding of multiple tubes, cut-to-length, custom printing, and other options are available to meet your specific needs.
Freelin-Wade’s nylon DOT tubing is specially designed for use as airbrake tubing in heavy duty vehicles. Our Type A DOT tubing meets SAE J844 specifications and is available in a range of sizes and colors to meet your needs.
For applications with high working pressures (up to 800psi), we offer special High-Pressure Nylon 11 tubing. Made from a special semi-rigid compound, this nylon tubing exhibits outstanding tensile strength while maintaining its flexibility.
Our Super Soft Nylon 11 tubing is formulated with a special compound that makes it even more flexible than our standard nylon tubing, without sacrificing other beneficial properties. Super Soft Nylon 11 tubes are ideal for applications where media and environmental conditions make polyurethane impractical.
With 2” integral pigtails on each end, our nylon tubing mini coils can be used with push-to-connect or standard compression fittings. Small coil diameters make this tubing easy to handle. It is ideal for use with small pneumatic tools and in robotics applications.
Fitted with durable brass male swivel compression fittings and preassembled spring guards, our coiled nylon tubes are easy to install; a self-retracting design makes them easy to use. Rated for working pressures up to 185psi and vacuum up to 28” Hg for demanding applications.
Customized Nylon TubingIn addition to the large variety of standard nylon plastic tubing options we offer, Freelin-Wade also produces custom high-pressure nylon tubing that is tailored to your unique specifications. Sizes, colors, custom printing with any lettering or numbering you need, cut-to-length, and other options are available to give you the perfect high-pressure nylon tubing for your application.
Features and Benefits of Freelin-Wade Nylon Tubing
- Stress-Cracking Resistance: Our nylon tubing resists stress-cracking thanks to UV stabilization, which means it can be used in outdoor applications and in direct sunlight.
- Lightweight Wall: This tubing is very light, making it easier to work with and useful for sensitive applications that need lightweight tubing.
- Smaller Bend Radius: With a smaller bend radius than other types of tubing, our nylon tubes have better flexibility and can fit into complex designs.
- Corrosion Resistance: Freelin-Wade’s nylon tubing is a good option for any application that involves salt water, chemicals, or other corrosive materials.
- Temperature Resistance: Our PA tubing can withstand temperatures from -60 degrees Fahrenheit to +200 degrees.
- Chemical Resistance: Nylon tubing offers additional chemical resistance for chemicals including: solvents, alkalis, oils, grease, petroleum, and fungal growth.
- FDA Approved: There are many different formulas of nylon tubing, but our Nylon 11 tubing is available in a food grade version made of FDA-approved materials.
Nylon Tubing ApplicationsBecause of its large number of benefits. nylon tubing is extremely versatile and is a smart choice for a wide range of applications. These applications are for an array of industries, including:
- Hydraulic hoses
- Vacuum lines
- Fuel lines
- Vapor lines
- Air lines
- Brake lines
- Oil processing lines
- Agriculture equipment
- Tool lubricating systems
- Chemical processing lines
- Milking parlors
- Air lines
- Pick and place
Nylon Tubing Vs. Polyurethane TubingPolyurethane and nylon are two common materials used in plastic tubing, and both offer different characteristics. Polyurethane is naturally flexible and works well for tight bending through equipment like robots.
Polyurethane is used most often in medium pressure applications, while nylon works at higher pressures and resists stress-cracking. Both materials are great at resisting abrasion, but nylon offers higher chemical and heat resistance.