Wholesale Nylon Plastic Tubing
All of our nylon tubing can be used for pneumatic nylon tubing applications.
Contact us for more information regarding our nylon plastic tubing options, or follow the dealer link for local distributors within your area.
Literature and Additional Information
Nylon 11 tubing is a unique kind of tubing made from polyamide 11. This material is known for its outstanding chemical, abrasion, impact, and moisture resistance and dimensional stability. Nylon 11 flexible polyamide tubing is used for a wide range of applications including pneumatics, coolant and refrigeration lines, gas sensing, robotics, oil transfer lines and more. Freelin-Wade’s Ultra Soft Nylon 11 tubing provides an increased bend radius, with added light and heat stabilization. We also provide Nylon 12 tubing.
Due to its moisture absorption, Freelin-Wade’s polyamide tubing is more corrosion resistant than other types of nylon tubing. It is heat and UV stabilized, making it resistant to stress-cracking, and so is ideal for use in outdoor applications with constant sun exposure. When compared to other nylon resins, our nylon tubing is also highly chemical resistant.
Customized Nylon 11 and Nylon 12 TubingIn addition to the large variety of standard nylon plastic tubing options we offer, Freelin-Wade also produces custom high-pressure nylon tubing that is tailored to your unique specifications. Sizes, colors, custom printing with any lettering or numbering you need, cut-to-length, and other options are available to give you the perfect high-pressure nylon tubing for your application.
Features and Benefits of Freelin-Wade Pneumatic Nylon Tubes
- Stress-Cracking Resistance: Our nylon tubing resists stress-cracking thanks to UV stabilization, which means it can be used in outdoor applications and in direct sunlight.
- Lightweight Wall: This tubing is very light, making it easier to work with and useful for sensitive applications that need lightweight tubing.
- Smaller Bend Radius: With a smaller bend radius than other types of tubing, our nylon tubes have better flexibility and can fit into complex designs.
- Corrosion Resistance: Freelin-Wade’s nylon tubing is a good option for any application that involves salt water, chemicals, or other corrosive materials.
- Temperature Resistance: Our PA tubing can withstand temperatures from -60 degrees Fahrenheit to +200 degrees.
- Chemical Resistance: Nylon tubing offers additional chemical resistance for chemicals including: solvents, alkalis, oils, grease, petroleum, and fungal growth.
- FDA Approved: Ask us about our food grade tubing produced with FDA-approved materials.
How is Nylon Plastic Tubing Manufactured?The manufacturing process for flexible nylon tubing begins with select nylon resin pellets being lifted into a holding hopper. The integrated drying system within the hopper effectively eliminates all moisture from entering the extruder. Colored pellets are then loaded into the color hopper, which will mix with the resin nylon tubing pellets within the extruder. Specialized tapered augers are then utilized to facilitate the mixing, heating and moving that is required for the resin to move through the extruder. The resin is then moved through numerous stages within the extruder that maintain unique temperature settings.
Once the extrusion process begins and the coloration is deemed to be correct, the heated polyamide tubing is fed directly into a cooling trough that is filled with chilled filtered water. The cool water assists in the final shaping of the nylon plastic tubing. A series of rollers keeps the tubing under the water throughout the cooling process. At the end of the cooling trough a laser is utilized to measure the outside diameter of the tubing. That data is then fed directly into a computer that ensures that the tubing remains within spec. The quality controlled tension is maintained through the extruders output at one end and the pulling of the conveyor at the opposite end.
When it has been deemed that quality spec standards of the nylon tubing have been met, the tubing reels are then filled with the proper amount of tubing. Spec and quality control standards are maintained throughout the reel filling process, with system operators intermittingly physically measuring the tubing for ensured spec consistency.
Nylon 11 and 12 Tubing Precautionary Instructions for Proper Usage & FittingBefore installing and utilizing any of our flexible nylon tubing products it is important to acknowledge the following considerations.
- Avoid installing with tubing under tension or with excessive bends.
- Do not use the product where weld spatters occur as fire may occur.
- Product damage or air leakage may occur at places where there is excessive rotation or vibration of the fittings.
- Assemble the tubing only after cleaning away impurities such as dust and excess debris.
- Ensure the tubing OD conforms to the spec tolerances.
Nylon 11 and Nylon 12 Tubing Typescustom nylon tubing, such as: coiling (see below), twin-bonded tubing, cut-to-length, custom printing, and other options that are available to meet your specific needs.
Customized Nylon TubesIn addition to the large variety of standard nylon plastic tubing options we offer, Freelin-Wade also produces custom high-pressure nylon tubing that is tailored to your unique specifications. Sizes, colors, custom printing with any lettering or numbering you need, cut-to-length, and other options are available to give you the perfect high-pressure nylon tubing for your application. Talk to a Tubing Specialist
Nylon Tubing Vs. Polyurethane TubingPolyurethane and nylon are two common materials used in plastic tubing, and both feature their own set of unique characteristics. Polyurethane is naturally flexible and works well for tight bending through equipment like robots and is used most often in medium pressure applications. Conversely, nylon works at increased pressures and resists stress-cracking, with higher chemical and heat resistance than polyurethane. Additionally, both nylon and polyurethane are great at resisting abrasion.
Polyamide Tubing ApplicationsSince it maintains numerous benefits, standard and metric nylon tubing is extremely versatile and is a smart choice for a wide range of applications, including:
- Hydraulic hoses
- Vacuum lines
- Fuel lines
- Vapor lines
- Air lines
- Brake lines
- Oil processing lines
- Agriculture equipment
- Tool lubricating systems
- Chemical processing lines
- Milking parlors
- Air lines
- Pick and place