Linear Low Density Polyethylene
One of polyethylene’s best features is its low cost; however, a low-cost tube often means a short lifespan. That’s why, many years ago, Freelin-Wade made the decision to only extrude our tubing from higher-grade, longer-lasting LLDPE (linear low density polyethylene).
LLDPE tubing’s greatest advantage over standard low density polyethylene (LDPE) is its superior environmental crack resistance, or ESCR. Environmental stresses that can affect the longevity of LDPE tubing include chemical exposure, aging, connection to barb-type fittings, and high-vibration connections with compression fittings.
Our LLDPE tubing can withstand 500-plus hours of exposure to IGEPAL solution, per ASTM D-1693 ESCR tests. LLDPE tubing also resists cracking when used with compression or push-to-connect fittings. All colors of Freelin-Wade LLDPE tubing comply with FDA regulation 21 CFR 177.1520(c) for food contact applications.
Download our free LLDPE tubing data sheet for more information.
Contact Freelin-Wade for the linear low density polyethylene tubing your application requires.
LLDPE Tubing Specifications
- Temperature Range: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 66°C)
- Vacuum Rating: to 28” Hg
- Diameter Tolerance: ±0.004”
- Durometer: 50 Shore D
- Tube Markings: FW specifications
- Working Pressure: 3:1 safety factor
- Resin Compliance: FDA, NSF51
Features & Benefits of LLDPE Tubes
- Greater tensile strength than LDPE tubing
- Higher burst pressure
- Superior stress and crack resistance
- High puncture resistance
- Impermeable to gasses and moisture
- Tasteless and odorless
- Superior dielectric properties
- Available in black, gray, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, clear, and purple
FDA Compliant Tubing
Our linear low density polyethylene tubing is approved by the FDA for use with food and beverage, medical, and pharmaceutical applications.
Contact Freelin-Wade for LLDPE Tubing
Freelin-Wade is a your #1 source for high quality, long lasting LLDPE tubes. Contact us today for LLDPE tubing for your application.