Posted On: October / 01 / 2010
catalog contains more than 4,000 items. Along with our custom
variations, the catalog items represent more than 80% of what we sell...
but it's not all that we sell. In addition to those items, we regularly work with 19 other resin formulas. We even keep most of these plastics in-stock.|
Here is a list of our non-catalog plastics, along with some of the properties of each:
- PVC 85A Matte: This is a non-glossy PVC material.
- PUR 80A: This is a middle durometer of polyurethane: stiffer than our 70A but more flexible than our 85A.
- PUR 80A - NSF: This material is similar to the 80A but the resin complies with NSF 61 (potable water systems).
- PUR 80A - Medical: This is a medical grade of polyurethane.
- PUR 90A - Special: This polyurethane is made for us by Dow. It's similar to our catalog version.
- PUR 95A - Ester:
Our standard polyurethanes are ether-based polymers. The Ester is
slightly better at handling oil but degrades quickly if exposed to
- PUR 90A - Ester: Ester-based polyurethane in 90A durometer.
- PUR 85A - Ester: Ester-based polyurethane in 85A durometer.
- PUR 55D: This Shore-D durometer polyurethane is significantly stiffer than our PUR 95A.
- PUR 95A - F/R: This is a fire-retardant grade of polyurethane in a 95A durometer.
- PUR 90A - F/R: Fire-retardant, similar to above but in the 90A durometer.
- PUR 85A - F/R: Fire-retardant, similar to above but in the 85A durometer.
- PEBAX 5533: This is a special nylon/polyurethane hybrid material in a 55D durometer.
- Nylon 12:
Absorbs less moisture than other nylons while maintaining good chemical
resistance. In addition, it naturally has good static electricity
discharge characteristics. It's more expensive other nylons and provides
minimal heat resistance. It has a durometer of 64D.
- Nylon 12 - Semi-Rigid: Has a durometer of 74D.
- Nylon 11 - Semi-Rigid FDA: FDA 21 CFR 177.1500(5.2). This is an olefin Nylon 11 for uses with repeated contact with food.
- Polyolefin: It's similar to polyethylene, but softer. It has a 92A durometer.
- TPE 80A: A thermoplastic alternative to rubber.
- Polyester: This rigid material has some properties that make it similar to Nylon.